Thursday, May 17, 2007

Can everyone please continue to pray for my husband? I believe God is working in his life. He has been living in sin for so long, it must be an up hill battle trying to get out Satan's control. One lady in a bible study explained it like this...
She had been standing on the porch of God's protection. Once she stepped off, she couldn't get back on. She found that she needed to reach out to God for help back on, because she couldn't do it on her own.
I don't know if this is really an accurate picture of things. But I get the concept. It's as if God's standing there reaching his arm out to scoop us up, but we're on the other side of the porch, trying to pull ourselves up by our own strength. If we could only head in God's direction and not turn back, he'd scoop us in his arms and put us back under his porch of protection.

1 comment:

Marti said...

Love you, Jo. Praying always.